Monday, February 19, 2018

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Finally got to watch this film also while on my flight (yes, it was a long one). I enjoyed the film but I'm not going to rave about it. I found it rather long and a little bit slow and plodding in the plot department. The visuals are stunning even on a small screen I could appreciate them but viewing on a bigger screen would only magnify the visual splendour. It is a sequel to the original film and manages to marry itself well to the original's aesthetic. I didn't particularly like the fact that Dekker was in it again (played of course by Harrison Ford): that's a personal opinion but I think the plot justified it well. I am not a super fan of the original, having watched it probably only twice but I think this film stands on its own merits as well.


No comments: